Monday, April 9, 2018

"I Have Been" April 2018

I used to do this cute little post every once in awhile, and I felt like doing it again. :)

I have been:

{writing}
A lot of lesson plans, especially for my APUSH students. We are finishing our last unit (Period 9: 1980-Present Day) and going into review before their test on May 11th. It's that time of year where I get minimal sleep!

{reading}
I've been struggling to find time to read. I have Anna Karenina sitting on my nightstand since I had planned on reading it this month. Have I? Nope. I have a bunch of other things I want to get to, but you know, school has been crazy. 
 
{listening}
I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks while working on school stuff, but also a lot of Biffy Clyro. I highly recommend checking them out.
 
{watching} 
After finishing Parks and Recreation over break, I'm trying to find a new show that I won't binge on (cause you know, work). Matt and I have been working out way through The Mick-we love Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, so when we saw Kaitlin Olson was in it we were sold. I'd like to start The Crown, but it'll have to wait until after the APUSH test.
 
{looking}
Goodreads is open on another tab, so definitely that. I'm also sitting at my desk in my office, so I'm staring at all the stupid squirrels outside.
 
{learning}
I'm in a book club with some teachers from school and we are working on reading a title together: Creating Cultures of Thinking. I was trained in COT a couple years ago, but learning this with my colleagues has been super helpful.

{feeling} 
Tired. I really need to get more sleep. Things have been better since Matt quit the restaurant and started his new job. I don't wait up for him to get home anymore and I'm getting to bed a little earlier, but I could do better.
 
{anticipating}
The readathon coming up in a couple weeks. I'm really excited to have a day set aside just for me. I told Matt to schedule himself some work to do that day so I can read without him poking me, but I doubt that'll happen. 
 
{wishing}
I really want a peanut butter cup.
 
{loving} 
My home. It feels cozy and warm and like OUR place (finally). We still have lots of work to do, but it's getting there. 

4 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to readathon too! Right now I'm reading Dickens' Our Mutual Friend and I just passed halfway -- 412 pages in! Yikes! Good thing I'm enjoying it.
    I'm glad your house is coming along and feeling homey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just started watching The Goldbergs on Hulu (we're about half-way into season one of five, I think) and it is so funny! Tons of 80s nostalgia. Recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time of year is tough on students and teachers. The push before AP testing. The push before the end of the year. Our state holds its state testing in April which throws a wrench into things. Hang in there! May will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I'm going to do this on my blog, of course giving credit to you for the idea. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete