Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weekly and Monthly Round-up: August 2015.

This is going to be a short post because I have quite a few things to get done tonight. Teachers report tomorrow for our first day back (actual class starts on September 8th), and I need to pack up what I need for the week so it's at the building.

August was a bit of a crazy month. Half the things I NEEDED to get done, I didn't. I was out of town for about half the month, and spent far too much time in the car. Matt, my mom, and my brother Dave went to Florida for a week near the beginning of the month, and we drove there and back (20 hours in the car each way). The following weekend, my two brothers and I road-tripped through the Upper Peninsula to get to Green Bay for my cousin's wedding and back in 3 days. And today I went up to Bay City with my mom for a shower. I am sick of the car.

I did read a great deal at the beginning of the month, but quite honestly, I haven't picked up a book in...2 weeks? Things are busy with trying to get ready for the beginning of the school year.

We also got the news that my grandma  only has about a month left. She's had dementia for a few years and while we were in Florida, she made the decision that she was done (she's 88. She's been through a lot. I don't blame her). So, it's a bit of a waiting game, but I know it'll happen in the next few weeks. We're all a bit on edge because we know it's coming.

In any case, with everything going on, I haven't been a great blogger. But with school starting and returning to a normal schedule, I hope to get back on top of things. I may not get many posts up this week, but I already slated some time on Thursday to writing posts. I think 2x a week is perfect for me and gives me a lot of leeway. *fingers crossed*

Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. Sending thoughts & prayers for your grandmother. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a little while, but I think this is the first time I realized that you live in Michigan. Me, too! And I'm a teacher, so I totally understand these panicky last couple of weeks before school starts. Hope you're able to feel ready this week. I'm getting close, but I'm not there yet! :)

    ReplyDelete