Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School is Starting!

I wanted to update with a quick post to let you know what was going on around here!

I hope it has been obvious that I have been crazy busy in the last few weeks. I've been devoting some extra time to The Classics Club and the new blog. I've also been in a little bit of a reading slump and have been trudging through the titles on my nightstand.

But, most of my free time has been spent preparing for school, which starts next Tuesday. I'm doing okay with my planning, but I always feel like I could be doing more, you know? And with professional development starting yesterday, classes to plan for, and a classroom to prep, I just want to give you a little notice that it might be a little quiet around here for a week or two. :) So, not an official break, just a notice that I'm running around pulling my hair out. And trying to create amazing lessons to make my students love learning!

I'm sure that once I get back into the routine of things I'll be fine, but I have to figure all this business out. :)


6 comments:

  1. Don't you love getting ready for a new year? Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Ph.D. program is officially underway! It's going to be rough... I work 7am-4pm and then go to class from 6pm-9pm and it's an hour drive each way, so I'm technically non-stop from about 5am, when I wake up, until 10pm when I get home!.

    It's going to be rough, but hopefully worth it. And I know you are going to have an awesome year (still very happy for you) - I wish more people realized how much work it is to be a teacher, with all the preparation, time spent working outside of school hours, money spent on students because of limited budgets. It seems like it should be common sense (I mean, we all went to school!) but folks just don't seem to get it...

    Anyway! Good luck this semester and this year - sounds like you've got some great classes lined up, so have fun! I'm sure our blogging will suffer a bit.. but hopefully we both stay reltatively sane, at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam, I had a schedule like that when I worked full time and went to law school at night. Fortunately my job was within walking distance to the law school so I didn't have much transportation time. But 6am to 10pm was not unusual. Be sure to take good care of yourself. Best wishes.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Hope you get into a routine soon so you can feel a little normal again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you. I'm sure you'll be an inspiring teacher. Best wishes always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what all you have to do--especially since this is your first classroom. Good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete