Monday, January 2, 2012

Readathon Check-In.

Do you know I've been participating in a readathon the last two days? Oh, and I was the host? :)

I wanted to make this very casual, and I think I have succeeded so far.

I'm glad to say that I have been more productive today than I was yesterday, I didn't start reading yesterday until right before bed. I spent a lot of time yesterday writing some posts, organizing my bookshelves (they were a little out of control) and taking care of some other things. So it was still productive.

But, I woke up this morning (to the complex hammering new shingles down on our roof-I was a little unhappy about that) and managed to finish two books today!

I completed Bill Bryson's Shakespeare: The World As Stage and Edith Wharton's The Age of Innocence. The Wharton was actually book 125 off my list-meaning I am halfway done! Woot!

I am going to settle down with my first Shakespeare play of the month, Antony and Cleopatra. I have 11 plays left on my list and I want to get through all them this month.

I hope that you have all started some great books in the new year!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the halfway point and enjoy the Shakespeare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, half way! Congratulations and have fun with the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Have fun with the play!... we'll be doing this one sometime in May. :)

    Where I am, it's already the 3rd. So, here's my second update-cum-wrap up post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the halfway point! I didn't do as much as I'd hoped for the readathon, but I did finish Cutting for Stone, and I made it halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Good thing too, because they're both due back to the library in a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for your 125th book! You must feel quite great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to feel real good about this journey when you're in grad school and can think to yourself, oh yeah, I've already read that. *grin*

    Imagine the heads up as it'll be your second time reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm a bit late checking in (was away), but here's my wrap up post for the readathon - http://moshimoshinekobookreview.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/the-day-after-readathon/

    Thanks for hosting, I had a lot of fun and got to learn about my reading abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on reaching the half way mark!!! It is quite and accomplishment!! Good luck with the Bard :)

    ReplyDelete